Many businesses have been severely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and some have expressed interest in lowering their sales talent assessment costs. In response, we developed a low-cost Talent Assessment Strategy USA to assess sales candidates. Qualified sales candidates needed to meet these minimum requirements: 1) Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related field. 2) Three years previous work experience in sales. 3) Demonstrated knowledge of the sales process and 4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills. There are two assessment methods used in this talent assessment strategy USA: 1) a psychometric sales talent assessment 2) a structured, scorable sales interview.
First View Assessment – Persuasive Sales
First View measures the “Big Five Factors” proven in the talent selection research to be important for many different positions. First View takes only 15 minutes to complete and it costs $30 or less. Here are the First View measurement scales:
Rules - consistency, ability to deal with change, need for structure, ability to follow rules and policies
Extroversion - need to work with others, communication of enthusiasm, ability to talk or listen
Assertiveness - decision making, selling and closing abilities, ability to handle confrontation, willingness to take direction from others
Teaming - teamwork, collaboration with others, competitiveness
Sensitivity - emotional stability, handling of criticism and feedback, dealing with stress
Organization - planning, spontaneity, time management attitudes, ability to handle details
Social Desirability — an internal validity scale to determine if the candidate is being frank with their answers
Cognitive Ability - an overall aggregate measure of cognitive skills
Note: Scores range from 1 to 17 on the first seven First View scales. Cognitive Ability scores range from 1 to 26. Candidates are ranked based on their First View scale scores when compared to current top sales performer scores. Contact us to obtain a Sample Report.
Structured, Scorable Sales Interview
This structured, scorable sales interview uses Behavioral Interview Questions that are related to the First View Assessment scales. All candidates interviewed receive the same questions and their interview responses are assigned scores from 1 to 10 based on the following Rating Scale:
Very Low (1), Low (2 or 3), Average (4,5,6 or 7), High (8 or 9), Very High (10)
Rules 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- We live in a changing world. Give me an example of a major change that you have made in your life.
- Give me an example of a situation in which you have used “out of the box thinking” to make a sale.
- What are some of the ways that you use to stretch your limits?
- Tell me about how you have dealt with a significant change in what you were selling or how it was sold.
Extroversion 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Show me how you take notes on a sales call.
- Give me an example of how you put enthusiasm into your stories.
- What have been your most productive prospecting methods?
- Give me an example of some risks that you have taken. How have they worked out?
Assertiveness 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Give me an example of a situation in which you have had to follow instructions to succeed.
- Give me an example of how you have controlled the sales process successfully with a difficult prospect.
- Sometimes salespeople must “let go” to get the sale. Give me an example of how you got the sale by letting the customer control the sales process.
- Give me an example of when you have pushed too hard for a sale. What happened?
Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Give me an example of a sales contest that you found extremely motivational.
- Are you stronger at opening up new accounts or at developing the business in existing accounts? Give me an example of how you have done that in the past.
- Give me an example of how you have used the talents of other people to increase your own sales.
- Give me an example of how you have protected the company’s interests when a customer was unhappy with something they bought.
Sensitivity 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Tell me how long would be too long to develop a sales territory.
- Tell me what questions you feel are essential to ask at the start of any sales presentation.
- Show me how you make certain that you ask all of the necessary questions.
- Tell me how you communicate your sense of urgency.
Organization 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Give me an example of how you have adjusted to unplanned events in your schedule.
- Give me an example of how you have used spontaneity to your advantage.
- Tell me how your attention to details has helped you to grow your sales.
- Show me how you build flexibility into your planning.
Cognitive Ability 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Salespeople who learn quickly tend to communicate quickly during their sales presentation. Give me an example of how you have adapted your speed of communication to your prospects.
- Give me an example of how you have effectively solved an unexpected problem in a previous sales situation.
- What techniques have you used in the past to expand your strategic thinking in your target market?
- What methods have you used in the past to ensure that people understand your ideas?
This Talent Assessment Strategy USA can be deployed for $30 or less per sales candidate assessed. Contact us to get started today.